The HPV diagnostic test used at the Dermea INTIMATE ZONE Clinic detects from two to thirty-seven types of human papillomavirus.
HPV testing is recommended for:
- women and men between the ages of 15 and 25, when the peak of HPV infection falls
- recurrent inflammation of the genital tract (urethritis in men and women, inflammation of glans or foreskin in men)
- screening women over 30 years of age
- verifying abnormal cytology results
- after treatment of cervical dysplasia and cervical cancer
- in pregnancy (infection of the genital tract with HPV can be transmitted to the baby and cause hereditary papillomatosis)
- people with high sexual activity
The test involves taking a swab from:
- urethral orifices
- oral cavity
- groove on phallus
- smegma from under the foreskin
The swab is taken by a doctor, and the test is completely painless.
- For 24 hours before the swab, you should give up sexual activity and reduce hygiene and care of the genital area.
- Do not use any external medicines or ointments for 48 hours before the swab.
- Waiting time for results is 15 days.
- The kits supplied with the test are CE certified, and the laboratory that performs the test holds Instand and QCMD inter-laboratory control certificates.